Tips to Prepare your pup:
- Play white noise or soothing music
- Take them on a long walk before the fireworks begin
- Offer comfort and love
- Be sure your dog has on their tag and tracking device in case they run
- Keep your windows closed
- Play with a squeaky toy to distract, but don’t insist
- Stuff a Kong with their favorite snacks
- Try an anxiety vest, e.g., Thunder Shirt, or swaddle them in a cozy blanket
- You can try desensitizing them, regularly, with firework sounds at a low level on YouTube, etc., and praise and treat them for remaining calm
- If they like their crate, you can cover the sides with a blanket to muffle the sounds, but don’t lock them in
Howl-O-Ween is Here!
We want to see ghouls, ghosts, goblins, fairies, and anything else you can create!
Meet us at the park for tricks ‘n treats on Wednesday, October 19, 2022, from 5:30 pm to 7 pm!
Woofs ‘n wags,
The Volunteer Team